Its commonly agreed that there are great benefits to wearing your baby. Babys thrive when they are held and touched. Mama and baby benefit from a stronger bond when they are close together.
Not only is it good for your bond with your child, it is also super convenient! Wearing your baby will leave both of your hands free to work with.
I always knew that I wanted a carrier when Little-Bit was born. I received my Boba 4g Carrier Dusk as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law right after I found out that I was pregnant. I tried it on right then and there, with my one-month-pregnant-belly, and was immediately impressed by how easy it was to put on.
Over the past few months, it has quickly become my favorite baby accessory. (Dare I say, necessity?) There have been a few other carriers I have tried out, but this one is my favorite by far, and here are the reasons why.
- The simplicity of the set-up. Two clips. That’s all there is to worry about. Once you have adjusted your carrier the first time to fit you and baby, you only have to worry about readjusting the straps as baby grows.
- Elastic bands to tuck away extra straps. THIS! One thing I’ve noticed with other carriers is that the slack in the straps hangs loose. They get tangled and catch on things as you walk by. No worries about that with the Boba.
- With a weight capacity of 7-45lbs, you can wear this with newborns. An infant insert is included with your carrier. It is a small, adjustable cushion that will grow with your child. It snaps in quick and easy and can be taken out when your child is big enough to sit in the carrier without it.
- Stirrups for the older kiddos. This set of stirrups also snaps on and off quickly. It’s a great way to support your kid’s tired legs, and it also helps keep your child in the correct position, avoiding poor circulation.
- Detachable hood that actually covers baby’s whole head! I use this when I am in the sun for a while, and also if we are out in the cold, it helps keep the heat in.
- The lightweight and streamlined design make this carrier perfect for the hot Summer months. No worries about baby overheating. Mama stays cooler too, which is always a plus!
- Waistband sets all of baby’s weight on your hips instead of shoulders. This feature has to be my absolute favorite! Kiddos can get pretty heavy on your shoulders if you are carrying them for extended periods of time. Just last week my husband and I took Little-Bit on a 6-mile hike. I carried her the whole way, without any shoulder pain.
- The ease in which you can adjust between different wearers. I mentioned before how easy it is to readjust the straps on this carrier to grow with your child. I don’t feel like it’s cheating to mention again how easy it is to tighten/loosen them between wearers. This is a huge plus! If my husband and I want to switch carrying, it takes only a moment.
- Can switch between a front and back carry with no effort at all.
- A snap on each shoulder to keep purse in place. If you are like me, you absolutely hate when your bag falls off your shoulder, into the inside of your elbow with a jolt. I love the snaps on the shoulder of this carrier that keeps my bag in place!
- Adjustable straps on the side allow for easier breastfeeding. Again, super easily adjustable straps on the side allow you to give baby more room to breastfeed. Huge plus if you are on the go.
- Boba offers way cute patterns, (Which you can view here on their site https://boba.com/collections/boba-4g-carrier ) and all their dyes are lead-free. As a company, they seem totally committed to the safety of you and your baby.
Of course there are a few small drawbacks to the carrier, but for me personally, they were so small and are practically a non-issue.
- Virtually no storage. There are three small pockets on the whole carrier. A zippered pocket on the front of the waistband that will fit an item just slightly larger than a credit card, and a second pocket directly on top of it. When you are wearing the carrier the second pocket is not very useful. You could maybe slip a credit card into it, but once baby is in, it’s rather hard to get to. The third, larger zippered pocket, is located at the top of the carrier, just behind baby’s head. This pocket is just barely large enough to cram a 16oz plastic water bottle in. This larger pocket also doubles as storage for the hood, so if you like to carry that with you you’ll lose that extra storage. If you back carry a lot, you won’t have any access to the pockets, as they are only accessible with front carry.
- While the Boba can change easily from a front carry to a back carry, your baby can only face inwards. If you have a really young baby this is great because babies love to snuggle their mamas (and dads too!) If you have a small active toddler, however, they may not appreciate having to face in all the time. My Little-bit is only four months, and already gets frustrated at times because she can not see out.
Keep in mind that this is a baby carrier. Not a backpack. The pockets do just fine for small necessities like a cell-phone, credit-card, and keys. Which is great if you’re running into the grocery store real quick. If you are planning on hiking, however, you may want to plan to carry a backpack to hold snacks, water, and baby necessities.
If you are like me, you probably don’t wear your carrier when you are not active. Even though Little-bit can only face inside when I carry her, there is usually enough going on behind me to keep her occupied and happy. Rarely does it ever present a problem.
Ultimately, the Boba is a fabulous carrier! I recommend this to anyone and everyone. Little-Bit and I use this literally all the time. Shopping, cleaning house, folding laundry, hiking, making dinner, dishes, exercising… You name it. We use it for everything. Pretty sure there isn’t a day that goes by that it sits unused.
Go buy one for you and your Little, I am sure you won’t regret it!